Re: [exim] RE: Seg fault when using perl

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RE: Seg fault when using perl
bill-exim wrote:

..[snip]...

> So, of course, my questions are as expected: Is this some known issue
> with some combinations of OS and perl? Are others hitting the same
> thing? Are others curing the problem with the same code change?
> FWIW, I'm on RH 9.2 with:
>
> This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
> (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail)

I can't or won't comment on anything other than this, I have had no
problems with embedded perl and Exim 4.10 and above, including perl
compiled with threading and without threading. The OS installs have
all been based on RedHat 6.2, 7.2, and 8.0. On some machines I have
custom built kernels, and custom built perl, some machines have
multiple CPU's, and some others have Intel Hyperthreading and are
seen as multiple CPU's. Last thing, all the kernels used are compiled
for i686 or i686smp, not i386.

--

--EAL--