[exim] RE: Seg fault when using perl

Author: WJCarpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] RE: Seg fault when using perl
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20021125/msg00182.html

This posting from November 2002 describes getting a segmentation fault
when using embedded perl with exim 4.10 and suggests an exim code
fix. (Other posts in the thread suggest this is specifically a
problem with threaded perl and that a fix was applied for that after
4.10.)

OK, I found the above post because I suddenly decided I wanted to use
embedded perl, fired up exim, and got a segmentation fault. I got it
in Exim 4.44 as well as 3.36. Applying the suggested code change
(commenting out a couple lines) in perl.c in both versions *seems* to
cure the problem.

So, of course, my questions are as expected: Is this some known issue
with some combinations of OS and perl? Are others hitting the same
thing? Are others curing the problem with the same code change?

FWIW, I'm on RH 9.2 with:

  This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
bill@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119