Re: [exim] Use of hashes to fix forwarding

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Use of hashes to fix forwarding
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Dennis Davis wrote:
> > Certainly at least one other UK University has been successfully running a
> > similar scheme for over a year. Although I believe they don't use a hash
> > signature. Instead they include a simple header. Apparently some external
> > stuff does break, in particular eBay alerts.
>
> Could you please give some more details of this breakage with eBay alerts?

I'm sorry, but I can't. As I said, we aren't using this scheme although
I am considering it. All the information I have is what was contained in
the original message of about a year ago:

Yes, this does break some external stuff (notably eBay alerts!), but
we're living with it because of the better protection it gives us
against "identity theft" -- it never fails to amaze me how gullible
people can be.

I'm just passing on the above comment in good faith.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101