Re: [exim] mail only for unix user

Author: Nigel Wade
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mail only for unix user
Lukas Pataki wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>You have found the localuser router which uses the check_local_user
>>precondition. You can use a different condition to look up users in a
>>table of your choosing,
>

> fine, i thought so :)
> But i didnt find list of options .
>

>>but you'll have to adjust the configuration
>>of the local_delivery transport to use the correct file name and
>>permissions - the user and group that Exim uses during delivery.
>

> i had modified this:
>
> LOCAL_DELIVERY=mail_spool
>

> and the transporter looks like:
> mail_spool:
> debug_print = "T: appendfile for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = appendfile
> file = /var/mail/$domain/$local_part
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> group = mail
> mode = 0660
> mode_fail_narrower = false
>
> it delivers all mails for the Domains in the correct Folder.
> But as i said the only Problem is that i have to add an unix user, couse exim
> tries to deliver first in his $home folder.
>
> thanx,
> luke

I don't think Exim is actually trying to deliver to the home directory, but
it does chdir to what it thinks is the recipients home directory for some
reason. All you need to do is change what Exim thinks is the recipients home
directory, and you can do this with the home_directory directive in the
transport. I think it will work as long as the directory is accessible by Exim.

In our system I deliver to /var/mail/home/$local_part/Maildir (in Maildir
format) so in the localuser transport I set:

home_directory = /var/mail/home
directory = $home/$local_part/Maildir

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555