[exim] Secondary Exim server for same domain name

Author: Dale Gibbs
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Secondary Exim server for same domain name
Hello all
Im quite new to the Unix, Exim World and have been working with these
platforms for the last month. I currently have a BSD machine (4.9)
running Exim which hosts several virtual domains. For reasons that
cannot be discussed here I have to seperate 2 domains so that each
domain and the people under that domain name can recieve and store their
email on different servers as well as shift websites and mailing lists
etc across. The latter i have done and I have gotten imap working with
squirrelmail.
The big question i have is how and where do i specify the new server to
store its MX records so that incoming mail can filter to the users on
that domain.
The original SErver is our primary DNS server with our secondary DNS
running on Irix.
Complicated it seems, I know but would appreciate any input

Many thanks
Dale Gibbs

--

Dale Gibbs

Jr Sys Admin
SANBI, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
http://www.sanbi.ac.za/~dale
Cell: +27721469346
Visit http://www.sanbi.ac.za

"...the greatest pursuit is finding something worth dying for."