Re: [exim] Front End

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mike Richardson
Para: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Assunto: Re: [exim] Front End
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 11:39:34AM -0500, Dickenson, Steven wrote:
> Ron McKeating wrote:
> > Our senior management keep on about "Modern Email Solutions", and
> > complain that we do not offer any form of collaborative working, such
> > as personal and group diaries and calenders. Now we love exim as an
> > MTA but there is a lot of pressure to switch to something with all
> > the above. Does anybody else have this pressure, or does anybody have
> > a good group diary/calender solution that they use in conjunction
> > with exim?
>
> There are a number of web-based groupware apps available on Sourceforge.
> Most, if not all, are MTA independent.
>
> Do a search of SF for groupware and start browsing. You can also check
> out Freshmeat.net or a general Google search for all your options (both
> free and commercial).

This reply is to Ron mostly, but I'm replying here because I deleted his
mail.

Oracle Calendar fits your requirements. It is a shared calendar product with
some history (used to be Steltor Corporate Time) and it works along side an
SMTP MTA and an IMAP server. It uses the Oracle Connector For Outlook (OCFO)
to integrate the above into Outlook (it is a MAPI plug in and Outlook sees
it similarly to an Exchange server.

It has a web interface as well for those who aren't blessed with Outlook.

Ron, if you want more details then feel free to mail me directly. I feel
slightly nauseous thinking about Oracle's email server whilst posting on an
the exim mailing list. It is like meeting the Stones, Sting, Paul McCartney
and Queen then talking about Britney's latest album :-(

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Messaging and Collaboration