Re: [exim] converting postfix to exim

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Carinus Carelse
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] converting postfix to exim
On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 07:28 +0200, Carinus Carelse wrote:
> No it just checks to see whether the email address is valid in the
> directory server by checking the to address
> against (|(mail=%s)(mailAlternateAddress=%s)) then it extracts the
> mailhost and just sends it to the required
> mailhost. It doesn;t rewrite anything.

Then you just want a router which does something like...

ldap_route:
    driver = manualroute
    domains = +ldap_domains
    route_data = %{lookup ldap {...}{$value}fail}
    transport = remote_smtp

... and if you want to fail addresses at those domains if the lookup
fails, also this after it...

ldap_route_failed:
    driver = redirect
    allow_fail
    domains = +ldap_domains
    data = :fail:Unknown user at LDAP domain.

Unfortunately someone more conversant than I with LDAP will have to fill
in the actual query for you. I had a quick play with it but couldn't
make it work.

--
dwmw2