Re: [exim] converting postfix to exim

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Carinus Carelse
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] converting postfix to exim
On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 12:31 +0200, Carinus Carelse wrote:
> I would like to convert my postfix installation to an exim installation
> but I need to know if I can convert this ldap search to exim and how it
> would look. I let the postfix search the directory and then it extracts
> the mailHost attribute and builds a command that sends the email
> directly to the required mailhost. How would the configuration below
> look in exim.

Does it just send it to the required mailhost with the original
recipient address intact, or does it change the destination address?
That is, what is the address in the 'RCPT TO:' command when the mail is
forwarded by the server in question?

In one case you want a router which invokes the SMTP transport with
special destinations, in the other you just want a redirect router which
rewrites the destination address accordingly.

--
dwmw2