RE: [exim] BCC Leakage

Autor: Eli
A: 'Marc Perkel', exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: RE: [exim] BCC Leakage
Marc Perkel said,

> I just had an interesting spam get through. It had exactly 10,000 bcc:
> lines and the bcc was exposed. I don't know what the limit is - but this
> spammer found it. Apparently at some point the bcc lists make it through.

10000 individual Bcc: headers? Or 10000 recipients in one Bcc: header?

Besides that question, I believe there have been discussions before about
who should remove the Bcc: headers in a message - the sending MTA, or the
receiving MTA. If I'm not mistaken, it was supposedly said that the sending
MTA should be the one responsible for removing the Bcc: header in a message
once sending it to it's destination. This would mean that if some joe
spammer sends a message and includes a Bcc: header, it's not going to be
stripped from the message by Exim.

I could be totally wrong though - I'm going off memory from a while back,
and also based on a situation where a client of mine complained about seeing
a Bcc: header in a message that was sent to an Exim system.

Eli.