RE: [exim] Virtual Domain environment

Autor: Troy Settle
A: 'exim'
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Virtual Domain environment

If you want to roll your own rather than being stuck in someone else's
utopia, I have my configurations at http://mail.psknet.com/toaster. It's a
bit dated at this point (I need to re-post my configurations), but it shows
how to set up MySQL backend, maildir hashing, 100% virtual (domains and
users). You'll also find complimentary configurations for Courier-IMAP and
some other goodies. It should provide some really good ideas for the more
adventurous types out there.

IIRC, it took me about 50 hours of gentle manipulation to come up with my
final product. It's been in production since Exim 4.20 (close to two years
now?), and supports over 60 domains with some 4500 users total. I've not
had a single problem with the configuration or the software other than minor
bugs in Squirrelmail and an annoyance (maildir quotas) in Exim that was
taken care of some time ago.

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks