Re: [exim] Suggested POP3 Server

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Suggested POP3 Server
Richard Welty wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:06:16 -0500 Aaron Crosman <ACrosman@???> wrote:

*SNIP*

> 4) dovcot -- newer than courier, under active development, users seem
>     to like it. i have no personal experience, but if i were doing a new
>     installation, i'd look at it harder as part of my due dilligence in software
>     selection. uses maildirs.

... AND/OR Unix mbox - right out of the tarball. Easy to add
DB-storage, etc. to these.

..and can mix and match, i.e. mailbox for a write-mostly archive store,
Maildirs for users, etc.
different strokes for different virtual hosting clients....

A good match to Exims' comparable flexibility w/r routers and
transports, and a similar 'define-refine' stepwise concept w/r
configuration file layout & sequencing. Not a lot of 'headspace'
conflict between the two.

Bill Hacker