Re: [exim] inbox slow mail retrieval

Author: Marc Sherman
To: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
CC: Leonardo Boselli, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] inbox slow mail retrieval
Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote:

> This is basically an IMAP/POP question, and nothing to do with Exim. However,
> for Pine, you might try looking at the advanced options in the config screen.
> I wold imagine that the 80 seconds is the timeout for an rsh connect to fail.

I missed the start of this thread, so I don't know if you're reading
mail locally or remote. If it's remote, though, it could be an ident
timeout issue. I know that when I first installed Exim 4 and then
upgraded my wife's notebook to XPsp2 the same week, I was having
SMPT-submit delays from her notebook due to the XP firewall dropping
(instead of refusing) the ident from exim. I ended up disabling ident
in exim entirely... is that protocol of any real use to anyone any more?

Of course as Ruth notes, in your case it would be an ident call
originating in your imap/pop server, not exim.

- Marc