Re: [exim] How to set up ACL whitelist & blacklist

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to set up ACL whitelist & blacklist
On 21 Jan 2005 at 18:13, hanasaki wrote about
    "Re: [exim] How to set up ACL whitel":

| The below is from script somewhere I pulled ages ago. What is the
| difference between this and the lsearch you have done?

Since you top-posted, I can't tell who you are asking (me or Ruth).

| acl_whitelist_local_deny:
|    accept hosts = ${if exists{CONFDIR/local_host_whitelist}\
|                          {CONFDIR/local_host_whitelist}\
|                          {}}

But either way, the difference is that you are whitelisting based on
the IP address of the connecting host (hosts=), while Ruth's attempt
and my example are whitelisting based on the sender's address
(senders=).

| On 21 Jan 2005 at 22:45, Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote about
|      "[exim] How to set up ACL whitelist ":
|
| | I thought I would set up a facility to define a white & black lists for
| | incoming mail that would otherwise fail the ACL. I want it to be keyed on the
| | incoming sender address (MAIL FROM, not mail header). I thought that:

- Fred