Re: [exim] Local_Scan Question...

Author: . kibble .
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Local_Scan Question...
>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:57:26 Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Fred Viles wrote:
>
> > | That there is no core is probably because Exim is a setuid binary.
> >
> > Um, in the case of local_scan code, isn't it more likely because of
> > this? (from Ch 39):
> >
> > Exim applies a timeout to calls of the local scan function, and there is
>an
> > option called "local_scan_timeout" for setting it. The default is 5
>minutes.
> > Zero means 'no timeout'. Exim also sets up signal handlers for SIGSEGV,
> >                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Of course it is. Silly me. That's how it logged the error...

But of course:
"The incident is logged on the main and reject logs."

I' am getting the logs [in my main exim log that is] which only reports:
"local_scan() function crashed with signal 11 - message temporarily rejected
"

This however doesn't uncover the exact reason why it crashed... Not had time
to look into my code yet, going away to the Czech Rep tonight and won't be
back till end of the month. Hopefully I will be able to fill my code with
tonnes of debug_printf commands and find out where it goes wrong.

Best regards, kibble.

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/