RE: [exim] redirecting spam

Author: William Rundquist
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] redirecting spam

    shortened ...

> >> There is no "straight" solution to that one. You have to craft it
> >> yourself by searching on the Internet for some keywords only
> >> available to your mind (right now).
> >
> > Interesting proposition. I would have thought that delivering
> > spam to a separate mail folder (regardless of the location of
> > that folder) would be something that a large portion of the
> > community would be doing and so there would be a straightforward
> > recommendation.
>
> I think what Wash means in his inimitable way is that like
> most things, there is no one way to achieve this with Exim -
> you have the opportunity to craft it to suit your circumstances.

Ok. That's cool. Its one of the reasons that I decided to
switch to exim. I guess that what I was hoping for was
something more along the lines of what use to be done with
the smail-3 releases (you'll forgive my reference to that old
software, I just lived and worked with for so long that I have
some very old habits). In the smail-3 releases, there was
always an examples directory that had in essence some cookbook
recipes that, like all good cooks, were there mostly to help
you work out the configuration in the way that worked best for
your installation.

> > The redirect router looks like the following:
> >
> > spam_redirect:
> > driver = redirect
> > condition = ${if def:h_X-Spam-Flag: {1}{0}}
> > domains = "your domain(s) here"
> > check_local_user
> > require_files = /home/$local_part
> > data = /home/$local_part/Spambox
> > file_transport = address_file
>
> Looks fine to me

Yea, its working fine. I still need to work out the router
ordering so that .forward files are respected before the spam
redirection, but I don't anticipate that this will be a big
issue.

I am still also trying to determine what kind of accept clause
I can add to the data acl so that only mail for local users is
scanned. Right now all email is scanned including domains that
I do secondary MX for. And in the data acl, exim doesn't allow
the accept domains = +local_domains. So there will have to be
some other magic that I have to come up with to limit the scanning.

Andy R.