Re: [exim] reverse_host_lookup and SERVFAIL

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] reverse_host_lookup and SERVFAIL
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Fred Viles wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2005 at 11:34, Alan J. Flavell wrote about
>     "Re: [exim] reverse_host_lookup and ":

> | Keep in mind that if you accept mail "from" a persistently unreachable
> | address,
>
> All true, but ISTM that isn't the situation here.

Fair comment. My followup was indeed out of context for this thread.

> The verification
> that's failing is reverse_host_lookup, not sender.

And I think the Original Poster had already decided they want that
*specific* problem to fail softly, rather than causing a rejection,
yes.

My apologies for introducing a different scenario - and causing
possible confusion.

all the best.