[exim] Distributed Exim servers?

Author: Piers Kittel
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Distributed Exim servers?
Hello all,

I'm trying to set up a number of private networks across the UK, all connected to each other by VPN. The current number of networks would be 6, and I would like to have 6 Exim servers. I'm aiming to have a single email address for all networks - such as one user on Network 1 would have joedoe@??? and one user on Network 3 would be janesmith@??? - so the Exim server on Network 1 would have joedoe's mailbox and user info, and the Exim server on Network 3 would have janesmith's mailbox and user info. Is this setup at all possible? or will I be required to seperate the email addresses such as joedoe@??? and janesmith@???? I suspect I can only set up one MX record on the DNS server and email for all networks would go through one exim server which isn't optimial (as bandwidth isn't that large)?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers