Re: [exim] exim debian, incoming mail gateway queue

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim debian, incoming mail gateway queue
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:09:49 -0700, "Paul Gaynor"
<pgaynor@???> wrote:
>It would appear that these messages in the queue are NDRs.

Then it would be a good idea to quickly find out what these NDRs are.
Incoming? Outgoing?

If incoming, why haven't they been delivered to their destination? If
outgoing, what were the incoming messages that caused the outgoing
NDRs to be generated?

>Is there a way to disable NDRs in exim?

Why do you want to do that?

>How about dropping mail where there is a
>blank sender name?

That would deprive your users of the important error messages that
might inform them about mail not being delivered. And it would have
you blacklisted with rfc-ignorant.org.

>I have tested the server for open relay and it is clean,

How did you test it?

>just NDRs going out.

So we are talking about outgoing NDRs? In that case, blocking incoming
e-mails with a null sender won't bring you anywhere. What are the
messages that caused the outgoing NDRs to be generated?

Greetings
Marc