Re: [exim] building exim on OSX against *external* bind9 (*n…

Author: Matt
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] building exim on OSX against *external* bind9 (*not*w/ BIND_8_COMPAT) failing @ make
OpenMacNews wrote:

> > Of course a mailer that'll handle internet mail to and from the public
> > network could be linked with any compatible and sufficiently bug-free
> > resolver library.
>
> in principle, yes. that's the hope here for exim. the postfix crwod
> was a mite less polite/accommodating abt the whole business ... =)

Not being given the answer you want, and being impolite are vastly
different things.

> i still have the goal of getting exim to link against the _my_ libbind.
> as per some of exim's OS/Makefile, there's references *to* using
> libbind, but i gather its on a system where it's the native resolver.
>
> the challenge, at the moment, is exim + bind9's libbind + OSX & its
> BIND_8_COMPAT. i haven;t understood anything as yet to indicate that it
>
> *can't* be done ...

What exactly are you wishing to achieve?

When was the last time you installed a programme|application that
required a different resolver than the system supplied one?

Have you ever considered making your package, or whatever it is, more
compatible to the system?

Matt