Re: [exim] lastest snapshot and openldap1

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alan Thew
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [exim] lastest snapshot and openldap1
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Alan Thew wrote:

> I built exim 4.43 without problems with openldap1 but get the following error
> with the latest snapshot (4.46)
>
> gcc -c -O -I/disk3/qq11/openldap-1.2.11/include dsearch.c
> gcc -c -O -I/disk3/qq11/openldap-1.2.11/include ibase.c
> gcc -c -O -I/disk3/qq11/openldap-1.2.11/include ldap.c
> ldap.c: In function `perform_ldap_search':
> ldap.c:794: `LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> ldap.c:794: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ldap.c:794: for each function it appears in.)
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ldap.o'
>
> I'm aware that openldap 1 is not exactly new/current but exim claims to still
> support it (solaris 2.8).

I rely on other folk for maintaining the LDAP code; presumably this
newly added improvement is using a feature of LDAP 2. However, it looks
as though it is easy enough just to cut out the added code (which deals
with a specific error return) if LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE is not
defined. I will do that for the next snapshot.

Thanks for the report.