Re: [exim] Configuring sa-exim with Spamassassin 3.0.1

Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Ian D Crorie
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Configuring sa-exim with Spamassassin 3.0.1
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 04:01:39PM +0000, Ian D Crorie wrote:

> I've just installed Spamassassin 3.0.1 (released a couple of weeks
> ago) and now sa-exim is reporting a parsing error every it runs
> spamassassin:
>
> ----- from exim log file -----
> 15:49:46 1CdsSI-0007Xe-3y SA: PANIC: SA: could not parse X-Spam-Status: to extract hits and required. Bad!. Got: 'X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.5 required=7.0 tests=FROM_NO_LOWER,NO_RDNS2,
> UPPERCASE_25_50 autolearn=no version=3.0.1
> ' (but message was accepted)
> ----- end of extract from exim log file -----
>

> I've noted changes in the syntax of some configuration options
> but doubt these are relevant. sa-exim version is 4.0.

well, sa-exim has its own list :)

> I note that spamassassin used to use hits=X.X and now it is using
> score=X.X in the header: is this the problem? If so, I'm surprised
> that I can't google anything about it, nor find it mentioned in
> the spamassassin release docs.

I'm not sure why they changed it, but this is already fixed in sa-exim
cvs, and yes, I ought to do a new release soon, but the SA-Exim home
page does state that you need to use sa-exim-cvs for SA 3.0

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
->
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-cvs.tar.gz

Cheers,