Re: [exim] check_helo_slow?

Autor: David
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] check_helo_slow?
Hi !!

>>Such this machines could always be configured to show a valid helo so
>>there is no excuse to show a broken one.
>
> Nevertheless, 1/3 of legitimate senders have broken HELOs (whether
> hostnames or IP addresses) so you will have a serious false rejection
> problem if you try to be strict.

we are rejecting broken helo's for long time and have a very little
amount of false positives (one or two per month) while we are
rejecting a great amount of viruses/spam based on helo checks
(about 90.000 per day)

I have update the helo.acl with the latest comments on this list
and make it available at http://www.ols.es/exim

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53