Re: [exim] exim equivalent to sendmail /etc/mail/access

Autor: Christian Schmidt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim equivalent to sendmail /etc/mail/access
Hello Christopher,

Christopher Chaduka, 05.01.2005 (d.m.y):

> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 04:01, Aaron Summers wrote:
>
> > We would like some added spam protection using Spamguard. This program
> > has the option of added spammers to /etc/mail/access on sendmail which
> > would block those users from sending out any more messages. Does exim
> > have a similar blacklist mechanism?
>
> In your RCPT ACL, have some thing like this:
>
> deny    message       = Go away spammer
>           senders       = lsearch;/etc/mail/access

> ..and /etc/mail/access is a list of spammer's addresses one per line

Yes, that should work - but AFAIK only for "fully qualified" email
addresses.

When working with sendmail, you can even place a fqdn in
/etc/mail/access, and AFAIK getting the same with exim requires
altogether three different lookups and the corresponding files:
- one reffering to "complete" email addresses,
- the second to catch host names and
- the third to block special local parts (although this is normally
done by recipient verification).

Sorry for not posting exact entries for your exim acls, bit when I was
looking for the same feature few days ago, I found something in this
mailing list's archives.

AFAIR I asked <http://www.google.com> for some combination of "exim
acl access.db"...

hth,
Christian Schmidt
--
Jedes Kind ist kostbar. Jedes ist ein Geschöpf Gottes.
        -- Mutter Teresa