Re: [exim] domains in condition

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] domains in condition
On 1/4/2005 13:41, "Marilyn Davis" <marilyn@???> wrote:

> I'm trying to arrange for a certain $received_protocol to get through
> my routers without any mysql lookups at all -- so that I can send a
> panic message from my application, even when mysql is the thing that I
> am panicked about.

We send our mail-server-related alerts directly (IP address configured in
the monitor configuration) off to a mail server unrelated to the usual mail
server collection. (And for convenience, it happens to be in a different
physical location and in an unrelated IP subnet.)

This server sends pages (via various wireless phone services), and tries to
send the messages back into the mail system.

This may not be appropriate to your situation...it works out pretty well for
us.

Even with this, there are things I think we'll have to monitor by hiring an
outside service. (We had such a failure couple of months ago, when our
upstream made the /24 subnet the servers are on vanish from point of view of
the world--a routing change for another customer where they had a typo in
the subnet address...and did the setup 3 weeks before the auto-implemented
change. We got our pages after the provide fixed their error...we got our
early notice from really odd customer support calls.)

--John