[exim] Exim has problems with emails from one user...

Autor: aiken.bcd
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Exim has problems with emails from one user...
Hello,

one of my hosting customers is operating a large mailman mailing list. Now when exim trys to send messages from this user exim does nothing for around 10 seconds and uses 100% CPU load during that time. Usually if I send an email exim sends it immediately but for this user we have that strange 10 seconds phase where it does nothing but to take all available CPU power. I am using WHM/Cpanel and when I look at the mailing queue and click on deliver now it works immediately with other messages but for this user it takes 10 seconds before it sends the email and takes 100% CPU during this time.

The worst thing is since his mailing list is sent to a couple of hundreds of subscribers we are having 100 processes running each time and therefore it even takes longer then 10 seconds per process. With 100 running exim processes these processes just keep running all time and the server load goes up to 200 and stays there unless you restart exim... What can I do ?

Regards,
Sebastian Ohr