[exim] problem with sending out mail - Exim 4.32

Autor: Robert Cates
A: Exim Users list
Assumpte: [exim] problem with sending out mail - Exim 4.32
Hi,

I'm just having a hard time understanding the Exim configuration. I'm now
getting the following error:

  cates58@???
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<cates58@???>:
    host 213.133.104.6 [213.133.104.6]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed
to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

if I understand correctly this is because the 'smarthost' rejected it? But
is the 'smarthost' rejecting because of my Exim MTA, or because of the 'RCPT
TO:'? Actually, why is it even trying to relay to the 'smarthost'? This is
a message generated from a PHP script (running of course on my local Apache
web server), which I have configured to use the local mail server (Exim),
but for some reason Exim wants to pass it on the the 'smarthost' (even
though the sender is a local_part, as far as I can tell). The header of the
message follows: