Re: [exim] exim does not detect invalid configfile on startu…

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim does not detect invalid configfile on startup.
On 12/22/2004 22:04, "Marc Haber" <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:29:52 -0800, "John W. Baxter"
> <jwblist@???> wrote:
>> Well, it is because not everything is checked that aside from the exim -bV
>> we have in our scripts that install new config files, we also routinely take
>> a look at the exim_paniclog file after installing a new config. We also
>> have a monitor which verifies every 5 minutes that exim_paniclog is empty
>> and pages us if it isn't. Sooner or later (usually sooner) we learn about
>> my blunders.
>
> I hope you're not using E-Mail to deliver the panicloc non-empty
> warning.

The monitor uses email, connecting via SMTP to a different machine (in a
different location), which sends out the pages and then feeds copies back
into the email system to our mailboxes.

Works very nicely except when upstream provider messes up routing to one of
the locations. If that happens, we already know about it.

--John