[exim] Re: PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors
Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:47:54 -0500, "Dickenson, Steven"

[...]
>>I was under the impression that Exim uses the GnuTLS library, which is
>>not based on OpenSSL. Or is this just under Debian?

> Debian uses GnuTLS since under Debian's interpretation of the GNU GPL,
> OpenSSL cannot be linked with GPL software.

Hello,
Which is no problem for exim itself because exim's license explicitely
relaxes GPL to allow linking against OpenSSL. However using GnuTLS
allows us to link exim against other GPL licensed code. (We do not do
that currently but we used to link against a version of mysql which
was licensed as GPL.)
                 cu andreas

fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"