RE: [exim] PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Dickenson, Steven
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors
On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 08:47 -0500, Dickenson, Steven wrote:
> I was under the impression that Exim uses the GnuTLS library, which is
> not based on OpenSSL. Or is this just under Debian?

Exim can use either. The GnuTLS support is relatively recent; I suspect
most instances out there are still using OpenSSL. Fedora (and Red Hat)
still use OpenSSL with Exim.

Your mail client is broken, by the way -- it omits the References: and
Sending messages with 'Re:' in the subject line which aren't actually a
reply to an existing mail is a common spammer trick and may often give
your mail a few extra spam points.

--
dwmw2