Re: [exim] PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors

Author: Barry Pederson
To: matt, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors
Matt Hemingway wrote:

> Anywho, just wanted to say that Simon Beale and
> Tony Finch's suggestion to add hosts_avoid_tls = * worked for me too.
> I started noticing the problem on the 14th of this month and was
> about to jump out the window until I saw those posts.

There's a press release on Postini's website dated the 13th:

"Postini Unveils World’s Largest Encrypted Email Network; Builds TLS
Encryption Support Into Managed Service Offering"

      http://postini.com/news_events/pr/pr121304.php

I wonder if they botched something with this new rollout.

Anyhow, I've found that using

     hosts_avoid_tls = *.psmtp.com

in the remote_smtp transport seems to be doing the trick - maybe a
better idea than trying to hard code certain IPs.

     Barry