Re: [exim] How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded …

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded with spam?
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:39:32 -0600, Tommy Butler <tommy@???>
wrote:
>Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>[snip]
>> Note the phrase "domains for which you are prepared to accept mail from
>> anywhere on the Internet". You appear to have answered "*" to that question,
>> making you an instant open relay.
>>
>> NB The default for that question is '' (i.e. nothing). Unless you have any
>> non-local domains for which you want to unconditionally accept mail from
>> anywhere, it should stay that way.
>
>Changing this has no effect.

What does update-exim4.conf say? I am concerned whether you have
actually generated a new configuration.

I am also curious whether you have read the README.Debian file that
comes in the documentation directory with the exim4 packages. A lot of
the problems you have encountered are described there.

Greetings
Marc