Re: [exim] calculating system requirements

Author: Customer Support
To: Kenny Chamber, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] calculating system requirements

> I couldn't find anything on this. How do you calculate the system
> requirements for both pop and imap mail with a MySQL or PostgreSQL
> authentication backend (on the same computer)?

Not sure that there is a method for this.

I've got 2 servers which work as a mini mail cluster, each handles about 100
to 150 mails per min and 50 to 100 pop/Imap logins per min, all working
using mysql for routing and auth. Each server acts as a Mysql slave from a
master server which handles the inserts/edits for each customers records.
POP/Imap is from Dovecot.

Loads are normally 0.2 to 0.5 for Celleron 2.8, 512mb ram on single IDE
drives.

Regards

John Lyons
Netserve Consultants Ltd