Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is getting bombar…

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] How do you test numbers?
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is getting bombardedwithspam?
On 15 Dec 2004 at 17:24, Tommy Butler wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my":

| John W. Baxter wrote:
| [snip]
| > Yes, it's an unrecognized command.
| >
| > It needs to be
| > RCPT TO:<nobody@???>
| >
| > (Exim allows a space after the colon...actually Exim also allows omitting
| > the < and >. When I'm testing something like relay, I like to follow the
| > RFC exactly.)
|
| So is this helpful?

Yes. Did you even *attempt* to read this output and see for yourself
what's happening?

| root@noot:/home/remotlogin# /usr/sbin/exim4 -bh 168.61.4.13
|
| **** SMTP testing session as if from host 168.61.4.13
| **** but without any ident (RFC 1413) callback.
| **** This is not for real!

| RCPT TO:<nobody@???>

|... (snip bunch of accept/deny stanzas that did not trigger)

You have "relay_to_domains" set to "*" (matches everything).

Doesn't this sound familiar? Supposedly you changed this setting
earlier today. But unsuccessfully, it would seem. Did you change the
file exim is actually reading? One of those answers must be "no"...

- Fred