Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is getting bombar…

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Tommy Butler
CC: exim-users, John W. Baxter
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: How can I tell if my server is getting bombardedwith spam?
Tommy Butler wrote:

[SNIP]

> [...]

[SNIP]

You have in your config somewhere:
domainlist relay_to_domains = *

Don't do that. You should shut down your server or otherwise remove it from
the internet until you close this hole.

Since you're running debian, you can try this:

find /etc/exim* | xargs grep relay_to_domains

This should tell you where the problem is. I myself am not familiar with
debian's split config. I compiled exim 4.43 using debian's packaged 4.34
(that is, patching it to 4.43, long story) and removing the dependancy on
the exim4-config (or whatever it is) and using myown single file (which in
itself is not 1 file, but a few so that hupping exim is not required in some
cases)

when you find the file, edit it, and remove the *
also, you should run the update-<whatever> to rebuild the config file (if
you are infact using split config)