Re: [exim] How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded …

Author: Frank S. Bernhardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded with spam?
Tommy

>>> I found these lines in my config at different places:
>>>
>>> line 28:     line hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : ::::1 :
>>> line 123:   accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts
>>> line 131:   hosts = +relay_from_hosts

>>> Those aren't bad are they? It seems that i have it set up to only
>>> relay mail for my own server... right?

After looking at your config snippets I'm not sure you have it set up
properly.

I usually set my config this way:

hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : \
    x.x.x.00/24

in acl_check_rcpt:

.
.
.

accept domains = local_domains
            endpass
            message = unknown user
            verify   = recipient

accept  domains = +relay_to_domains
             endpass
             message = unrouteable address
             verify = recipient

accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts

deny message = relay not permitted

Does yours look something like the above?

Your line 131 puzzles me.

--

Regards

Frank S. Bernhardt