Re: [exim] www.rellits.com ssl tutorial worked for courier, …

Author: Christian Stiller
To: Tommy Butler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] www.rellits.com ssl tutorial worked for courier, but not exim
Tommy Butler wrote:
> Using the great tutorial/howto for self-signed SSL certs to use with
> courier MTA and courier IMAP MTA worked just great! Only problem is
> that exim doesn't work with the certs. I'm using exim4. Does the howto
> at http://www.rellits.com/rellits/exim.html only work for exim3?? What
> am I doing wrong?

I didn't see the cert file being referenced in your config.

Try somthing like

tls_certificate = /etc/ssl/certs/smtp.pem
tls_advertise_hosts = *

in your main section. Once you have done that, you should be able to use
SSL. Then you can add soemthing like

accept  authenticated = *
         encrypted = *

in the ACL to only accept authentication if it was encrypted.

(both those things should have been in the howto)

If that doesn't work, let us know what error / message you get...

Christian