Re: [exim] Reject email from a IP or IP range

Author: John W. Baxter
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] Reject email from a IP or IP range
On 12/9/2004 14:44, "Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, John W. Baxter wrote:
>
>> Are you running Exim through [x]inetd? If not...nothing is looking
>> at hosts.allow.
>
> Hang on a minute:
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/FAQ_7.html#TOC235
>
> exim *can* use libwrap, and libwrap will get its configuration data
> from hosts.allow. If you like that sort of thing.
>
> However, exim also has its own options to deny accepting smtp calls,
> and those are what we're using on our own system nowadays.

Thanks for the correction. I was unaware of the capability to use libwrap
to get hosts.{allow,deny} processing. (Now that I know about it, I'll be
ignoring it deliberately rather than accidentally, as we have no need for
it.)

Does the unterminated last line vanishing problem happen with libwrap?

--John