Re: [exim] Reject email from a IP or IP range

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reject email from a IP or IP range
On 12/9/2004 7:47, "Godfrey" <godfreyexim@???> wrote:

> the odd thing is that the FreeBSD hosts.allow file does not seem to work
> either

Are you running Exim through [x]inetd? If not...nothing is looking at
hosts.allow.

The other thing to check would be that the last line in hosts.allow (and
lots of other files.../etc/crontab is another example...only exists if it
has a trailing newline...trailing characters without a newline are ignored
by a very common method of reading such files). I first found that one when
a final deny all in hosts.deny accomplished nothing...since then I've tossed
quick tests into crontab only to have nothing happen.

--John