Re: [exim] tnef attachments

Author: De Leeuw Guy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] tnef attachments
Tim Jackson a écrit :

>On 8 Dec 2004, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
>

>>I search the way, in exim, to convert the stupid winmail.dat attachement
>>to traditionnal mime format for each messages that come in tnef format.
>>It is possible ?
>>

>Not directly in Exim. You could probably call an external TNEF decoder and
>use it as a transport filter, but I would discourage you from doing so,
>because it encourages senders to think that it's OK to send this kind of
>junk around and that the recipients will "deal with it".

Yes I know the tnef project on sourceforge.
But my problem is to reassemble the message in mime format.

>If it's causing you hassle, you need to pass that hassle on to the people
>causing it (the senders). This is often easier said than done, I realise,
>but it's the only way to attack the problem and if we ("we" being those
>who are unfairly asked to deal with this mindless nonsense) all do it then
>it, collectively, saves everyone a great deal of effort.

Yes it's true, but I have about 4800 potential external senders and only
about 15% don't use outlook :(((
Among the 85 % of these outlook users, about 30% send to us a message in
tnef format !
If I block these senders I loose my job :))
I run courier-imap, and I need a mail database not "disturbed" by this
format, It's all !

Thanks for your respons,
sorry for my poor english.
Guy