Re: [exim] cannot test recipients condition in PREDATA ACL

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David S. Madole
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] cannot test recipients condition in PREDATA ACL
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, David S. Madole wrote:

> > > sorry for the last message, i realized that recipients was
> > > not a list but just one recipient, any way to test recipients
> > > at data or predata ?
> >
> > Not directly. You can set acl_m or acl_c variables in your rcpt acl
> > and then test them in data or predata, but the $localpart, $domain,
> > $recipients and so on variables are not available any longer.
>
> According to the documentation, $recipients is available in the DATA ACL.

In RCPT ACL, $local_part and $domain are set for the current recipient,
and the "recipients" condition matches a list of recipients against the
current recipient.

In the DATA ACL and in a system filter, $recipients contains all the
recipients.

In the predata ACL, in the current release of Exim, $recipients is not
available. However, the changelog for the next release contains this
item:

3. $recipients is now available in the predata ACL (oversight).

In other words, I forgot about it when I implemented the predata ACL.
The current snapshot release includes this fix.