Re: [exim] cannot test recipients condition in PREDATA ACL

Author: David S. Madole
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] cannot test recipients condition in PREDATA ACL
From: "Stephen Gran" <steve@???>

> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:33:24PM +0100, David said:
>> Hi !!
>>
>> sorry for the last message, i realized that recipients was
>> not a list but just one recipient, any way to test recipients
>> at data or predata ?
>
> Not directly. You can set acl_m or acl_c variables in your rcpt acl
> and then test them in data or predata, but the $localpart, $domain,
> $recipients and so on variables are not available any longer.

According to the documentation, $recipients is available in the DATA ACL.

It sounds to me, though, like the original poster is confusing the
recipients ACL condition and the $recipients expansion variable. They are
distinctly different things. The recipients ACL condition is valid in a
RCPT ACL, the $recipients expansion variable is only valid in a DATA ACL.
See the documentation for each.

David