Re: [exim] "sender verify" problem

Author: Michael F. Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "sender verify" problem
Henry Kupets <henry@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Exim 4.41 on the RH Linux8. This box is located in our DMZ
> and works as a "smart mailer" - relays email to our email server inside
> the LAN from the Internet and vice versa.
>
> All our users inside our LAN can send and receive messages with no problems.
>
> In addition to regular users I have two Sun Solaris servers inside my
> LAN that need to send scheduled messages to the Internet. The thing is
> that my "smart mailer" rejects email sent from Sun boxes unless I
> comment out the line:
>
> require verify = sender
>
> in the section "acl_check_rcpt".
>
> If there is a way to keep this entry (require verify = sender)
> uncommented and to skip sender verification for specific hosts or IP
> addresses ???

Howdy,

You have a couple of options actually. The reason it's failing is probably
because the Sun servers and/or the domain they are in cannot be verified via
DNS. So if you can correct that they'll pass that test.

Your other option is to create an exception. You could create a hosts list
that contains these 2 servers (and any other servers you have this problem
with) and then have this sender verification only occur if the incoming
message is not from one of thes hosts. For example:

deny    message = sender verification failed
    hosts = ! sun1 : sun2
    require verify = sender

Hope this helps,
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague  | mfs@???
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), LLC