Re: [exim] smtp_accept_max

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_max
On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 14:59 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Chris Edwards <chris@???> wrote:
>
> > - It opens ridiculous numbers of parallel connections. We have
> > observed over 170 connects in a *single second*.
>
> qmail, perhaps?

Unlikely - qmail may throw stuff at a stupid rate, but it doesn't throw
away things that get a 4xx on connect. Sounds very much like fully
fledged spamware.

It appears to be Lyris (judging from the SMTP banner on that server) - I
find it hard to believe that Lyris is that broken. Sounds like a good
case for greylisting (with a 24 hour expiry period).

    Nigel.