Re: [exim] Queue runner crashed with signal 11 - exim 4.43

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Steve Sargent, Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Queue runner crashed with signal 11 - exim 4.43
Steve Sargent wrote:

> I have recently upgraded our mail relays from exim V4.14 to V4.43 and a
> problem with long 550 responses seems to be happening.
>
> The problem seems to be in deliver.c when the receiving host sends a
> very long 550 response.

Plain exiscan-acl does not patch deliver.c (only the BMI code does, but
I guess this is not involved here).

To avoid confusion: The remote side is using exiscan, and is packing the
SA report into the 550 response. SA reports can be huge, up to multiple
kilobytes, so I would call this insane. Still there seems to be a bug,
but I guess it's not exiscan-related (since my code does not deal with
remote responses).

>   deny    message = Content examination found this message \
>                 to be spam.\nSpam score: $spam_score\n$spam_report

                                                          Ouch!

Philip, I could check for this bug since I'm currently testing anyway.

/tom