Re: [exim] $message_id expansion variable

Author: Tony Finch
To: Michael F. Sprague
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] $message_id expansion variable
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Michael F. Sprague wrote:

> When is the $message_id expansion variable set during the life of a message?
> I'm trying to setup a way to track a message through the various ACLs that I
> have setup and I'm curious if $message_id can be used during the 'early' ACLs
> like acl_smtp_connect, acl_smtp_helo, etc.

The message ID is created after the DATA command (in fact after the
message header has been received), i.e. before acl_smtp_data but after
everything else. Of course the message ID can't be created before
acl_smtp_mail because there may be more than one message transmitted in
the connection.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING