[exim] RE: Deliberate delay of incoming mail

Author: Chris Williams
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] RE: Deliberate delay of incoming mail
Hey there,
I've got a main mail server (with corresponding MX record for the domain)
with a flaky internet connection, so it goes down every once in a while. I
don't really mind for most of the domain's email addresses because the
connection eventually comes back up, and all the email eventually comes in.
However, for one of my email addresses I need an out of office auto reply to
be sent out immediately.

So I want to setup a secondary mail server at a different location that will
be a secondary mail server. I want to set it up to respond to just one email
address with an out of office reply. Any other email addresses, I want exim
to tell the other mail server to delay sending that message (so that it
eventually hits the main mail server when it comes back up, instead of
getting lost on the secondary email server.)

Is this possible? Or is there a better solution?

Thanks,
Chris.