Re: [exim] exim 4.43 and GnuTLS: How to control cipher negot…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.43 and GnuTLS: How to control cipher negotiation?
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:18:02 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>Good point, John. I'd forgotten to make that point. Thanks. If Marc has
>used the wrong one, I will give a sigh of relief. If he has used the
>right one (in the transport), it suggests that there may be a problem in
>the Exim code. I'm awaiting his reply...

I had used the general one, but tested with outgoing mail. Tough luck.

Result: The cipher being actually used is determined by the sending
side by choosing the first cipher listed in the transport that is
actually supported by the server.

Hence, the order of ciphers in the transport option does matter, while
the order in the general option does not.

There is no problem with the Exim code besides the somewhat suboptimal
default.

Greetings
Marc