Re: [exim] Small modification for queue runners?

Author: Tony Finch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Small modification for queue runners?
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:

> You could Do It Yourself

> Personally, I would not be happy with such a project because of the
> problems of bottlenecking and single point of failure (and all the other
> problems of long running processes, such as memory leaks).

Postfix seems to be able to use this model successfully. Perhaps someone
would be able to learn some lessons from it and avoid the pp pitfalls.
Though we wouldn't benefit from it -- our queues are only a few hundred on
each machine. They were about ten times bigger before we started using
callout verification and largely eliminated double bounces.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING