Re: [exim] help with the router setup

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] help with the router setup
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 00:38:34 -0500, Genady Perchenko
<genady@???> wrote:
>I have 2 domains that are literally bombarded with email (at 1000s per day)
>to the random local parts from 100s of different ips. While all emails
>with non existent local parts are rejected, it does take a tall on
>the production mail server. I decided to redirect all traffic to those domains
>through the special designated mail hub that would filter all the mails
>with bed local parts and let the only valid once through.

Forwarding a message looks like loading a mail server _much_ more than
rejecting unknown recipients at SMTP level because that happens
_before_ the actual message is being transfered.

Are you sure that your original setup rejected the unknown recipients
at the proper level?

Greetings
Marc