[exim] Help Required - Exim 3.36 outgoing email with large# …

Author: Ebiz Analysis
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Help Required - Exim 3.36 outgoing email with large# NDR's looping
One of my customers has accidentally sent an email cc'd to every entry in
their Outlook Address Book.

The list of addresses contained a high proportion of invalid email
addresses.

The MTA now appears to be retrying to send this email to the entire address
list once every ~10 mins.

It has been doing this incessantly for the past 10 days.

This has resulted in the recipients with valid email addresses receiving the
mail hundreds of times.
The originating mailbox has been flooded with thousands of NDR's.

Our hosting provider is 'looking into it' but sofar without success.

Does anyone have any tips or could point me at a FAQ/Forum/Posting which
would help me help my ISP's helpdesk fix this problem.

Thx in advance for any replies.

Julian Robinson
Ebiz